The Cinco de Mayo Event of 2022
We cordially invite you to the most bespoke Cinco de Mayo event of 2022 in Brevard County.
The only official 2022 Asombroso Tequila Cinco de Mayo.
Come celebrate the Mexican Liberation with all of your favorite people, with your favorite food, and your new favorite tequila.
We have gone above and beyond to bring you a Cinco de Mayo that you won’t be able to forget.
Admission includes all 3 courses of food, crafted Asombroso tequila cocktails, taxes, fees, and gratuities.
Thursday, May 5, 2022
6:30 to Close
Rising Tide Tap & Table
your Cinco de mayo hosts...
Rising Tide Tap and Table
At RISING TIDE Tap & Table in Port Canaveral, everything is FRESH and MADE-FROM-SCRATCH. Our entrée offerings start with fresh fish, beef, and poultry and even venture into the exotic – all hand-prepared daily and creatively flourished with seasonal flavors. Executive Chef Jeff Kainz creates bold and flavorful menus incorporating his own unique flair to create mind-blowing sensational bites. He focuses on offering a gastronomic balance of fresh, local, staple ingredients combined with edgy, adventurous complements when available, making every dish from scratch.
At Rising Tide, even the air is fresh! – the garage doors are open and sunsets are featured nightly on Tide’s newly remodeled, huge lakeside deck.
your cinco de mayo hosts...
Asombroso Tequila is an entrusted, family-owned, and operated company. Creating tequila for many years, they have perfected their uniquely time-honored craft to produce what is considered the best tequila in the world. They have received awards throughout the years, notably, the prestigious Robb Report’s “Best of the Best” and “Top Tequila” in the San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
With flavor profiles ranging from a crisp, smooth, peppery in their Platino (Silver), to the silky smoothness of the 12-year, Napa Wine, Oak-barrel rested Extra Anejo, with the most complex and flavorful taste profile you have ever tased, including base notes of vanilla, pepper, oak, and butterscotch — the perfect companion for gourmet dishes
Our favorite part of Asombroso Tequila is the expression on peoples’ face after each sip. Priceless.
big-city gastronomy with small-town intimacy
Your Menu for The Evening
There will be three courses, including passed amuse-bouche, main-course serving stations, and a dessert station. Chef Jeff Kainz personally tasted each of the Asombroso Tequilas and conceived dishes to pair perfectly with each tequila for you to have an synergistic explosion of flavor that you won’t be able to forget. All ingredients possible were sourced locally and those that were not able to be sourced locally were acquired directly to insure the freshest meats and seafoods. No matter how much you think you are, you’re not ready for this meal.
- Pairing: Asombroso La Rosa, Reposado: A tequila like no other awarded “Gold Medal” by Tasting Panel magazine and top reposado tequila by the Worlds Spirit Competition. After filtration, the tequila is then “rested” (reposado) for 3 months in previously used French oak casks and is the first Bordeaux wine barrel-rested tequila in the world. The Bordeaux resting imparts the natural pink color and gives the reposado a subtly sweet finish. The result is an unparalleled experience in taste. The nose is sweet and delightfully fragrant. Aeration brings out the complex characteristics of a fine vintage Bordeaux. Notes are cherry, vanilla, and mild oak.
- Pairing: Asombroso El Platino, awarded “Top Tequila” by the San Francisco World Spirits Competition back to back years. Crafted from specially-selected 100% blue agave, this “Silver” is the foundation for all they produce. They have found the perfect balance in preserving taste through a proprietary process of multiple distillations and filtration while eliminating the harsh finish present in many other tequilas. AsomBroso El Platino is a sophisticated tequila perfect for sipping straight or mixing. The nose emits zesty scents of fennel, anise, and dried herbs; aeration brings out elements of chocolate, agave, olive, and rye bread. Palate entry is peppery and sharp, followed by mid-palate flavors of sweet pepper and ripe agave, concluding toasty and mellow
- Pairing: Asombroso Especial de Rouge, Extra Anejo, a masterpiece in its own right. Beginning with their award-winning 100% Highland Blue Weber Agave El Platino Blanco, they age this deliciously delicate and sweet tequila in fine crafted French oak barrels previously used to host one of the world’s most famous French Cognacs, Grand Marnier. They await an entire decade for the aging process to take hold, measuring the content religiously month by month to ensure the essence of both the mild oak and buttery orange blossom notes take hold of the tequila. This tequila yields notes of buttercream, toffee, caramel, and vanilla up front with a deliciously smooth oaky and cocoa mid-pallet, followed by a timid and gratifying orange blossom, roasted nuts, and sweet agave finish.
- Pairing: Asombroso El Carbonzado, Extra Anejo, this DOUBLE BARRELED creation is another tequila first! Beginning with their “Best of the Best” Gran Reserva Extra Añejo, then barreling a second time in premium medium-charred oak casks previously used to house one of the world’s highest-rated Irish Whiskeys. This unique 6-year aging process results in an incredibly smooth tequila with just enough southern charm to please both tequila and whiskey drinkers alike. The opening nose is pleasantly sweet, with hints of spice, fresh herbs, oak, and caramel. Taste expands to include vanilla, smoked dry herbs, toffee, and buttercream.
Main Course Stations
- Pairing: El Platino, Silver (see above).
- Pairing: Asombroso Diosa, Extra Anejo, a tequila close to Master Distiller Ricardo’s son Jarrett’s heart. 12 years ago, he was indoctrinated into the world of tequila to uphold his family name. In that first year, he selected three American oak barrels that would house his own aged tequila. As time progressed, Jarrett diligently monitored the taste profile of this tequila until it reached perfection. Named Diosa, or “Goddess,” Jarrett named this tequila after his beautiful wife, Paris. Taste Notes: Buttercream, honey, butterscotch, roasted walnut, fresh oak. Nose: butterscotch with hints of cinnamon and cream with a lingering walnut essence. Taste Experience: Warm, smooth Vanilla and butterscotch cradling the pallet for a clean, clear finish that lasts long and coats the pallet in a warm blanket like drinking spiced cider on a cold winters eve.
- Pairing: Asombroso Especial de Rouge, Extra Anejo (see above)
Super Ultra-Premium Tequila Flights (+$150)
For those feeling inspired and adventurous, you can purchase a Super Ultra-Premium Tequila flight valued at $850 for only $150. This will include a 1 oz decanted pour of the following:
- At first, you are pleasantly surprised by the sweet, delicate, honey-like opening aroma. The palate opens to rich vanilla while the honey component expands to include buttercream and toffee, yielding a smooth caramel finish.
- The Collaboration is a stunning DOUBLE BARREL rested tequila combining our awarded Vintage 11 year Extra Añejo with the esteemed Silver Oak Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon American oak barrels for an additional 13 months. This has produced one of the world’s most luxurious and taste-provoking tequilas in the world! The opening nose has hints of vanilla, oak, and butterscotch from the 11-year French oak while finishing with a bountiful kiss of boysenberries and fine-grained tannins from the Silver Oak barrel.
- Beginning with our awarded Vintage 11 year Extra Añejo, Ricardo DOUBLE BARRELS an additional 14 months in hand-chosen port barrels imported from Portugal. Del Porto is smooth and silky while the aroma inhibits a semi-sweet yet oaky persona; palate entry is smooth with floral undertones, while the mid-palate gives way to toffee and sweet port.
Cinco de Mayo at The Port
All times are approximate and subject to change without notice.
At 5:30 PM we will open the doors with music, full bar (not included in ticket price), and an amazing patio to enjoy some time with your close friends before things get a little loco.
The Party begins
The event will begin at 6:30 PM with a little time to get to know the other beautiful people in attendance.
At 7 PM our amazing staff will begin passing our first course decadent bites with our selected Asombroso pairings.
meet Ricardo Gamara
Around 7:15, Master Distiller and Owner of Asombroso Tequilas will join us in the barrel room, to share his inspiration, the process, and the story behind the creation of each amazing tequila.
announcing contest winners
At 7:45 PM, master of ceremonies, Dr. Antonucci, will announce the winners of our online competition.
main course reveal
At 8:00 PM we will unveil our main course serving stations.
premium flights and Cigars
At 9PM we will begin serving our Super Ultra-Premium Tequila flights to those that have purchased them. We will unveil our surprise desert stations, and have a cigar sommelier and roller custom rolling cigars on our outdoor, lakeside patio, intended to be enjoyed under the moonlight with a snifter of Asombroso in hand.